Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hola!

Well, it's been about a month now since I last posted. And usually I hate to stay away, but I needed the time to not think too much. That sounds like a pretty irresponsible thing to say, but it's true for me - right now at least. Things are a little better.
I signed up for Monster.com, CareerBuilder.com and HotJobs.com earlier this month; I've found a lot of really good, solid sounding stuff but haven't heard back from anyone. Then, Boyfriend's cousin's friend announced that she would be going to school in San Francisco. That means a job opening at the coffee shop she works for will come up. She's all about talking me up and getting me in there, which I am so grateful for.
Sure, it's not terribly glamorous but I don't give a shit. It is a job and not a job that requires me to feel bad about myself. I would still have time to write with Big Blue and work with The Chef part-time. This is a good opportunity for me. I am happy about this.

Just to throw a bunch of stuff together:
I did lose 5lbs. a few weeks ago and then managed to gain a bunch of it back. So I've gone crazy trying to figure out what the fuck I am going to do with myself.
I've still been cooking and baking, so I will have more recipes for you soon.
Movie Watch is a new thing that I'm thinking of doing. Some of it will be reviews, other bits will just be Oscar predictions.
ANTM (as mentioned) will return in September and I will be covering it, even though every year/cycle it makes my soul die a little more.

I think, on the whole, things are getting better. And I am looking forward to a new beginning.

No comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Dizzy Potato. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator